Geo2tag is an Open Source Location Based Services Platform. It provides all programming interfaces and services (database for geotags, filters, queries) which is needed for deploying location aware services. Everyone can download and use it absolutely free of charge. We do best to allow geo2tag work very fast and survive under massive request flow. Please check release page to figure out what we already done and roadmap page to be informed about our future plans. If you have want to join our development process please have a look at API description and register in project tracker or just drop a line to info (at) geo2tag.org.
Today there are more and more mobile devices (like mobile phones, netbooks, tablets etc) equipped with GPS module on the market. At the same time social networks become a dominant part of internet services. They count millions of users and they increase number of features all the time – from simple text messaging to user‘s media content storage. The new trend in social networking is providing geographical context for all user content. This is a new domain called Location Based Services (LBS). Social networks providers develop APIs and applications for supporting geographical data in their social networks. Unfortunately, there is no free and open source platform for geo tagging (marking up certain data by associating geo position and time).
This platform provides all required API and tools for:
- building location aware mobile applications;
- building desktop and mobile applications for processing (or just using) geographical and map data;
- integration with popular social networks and services;
- Store geo tags in internal database;
- Provide integration with 3rd party map services: (yandex maps, google maps, open street maps etc);
- RESTful API for getting access to tag data.